Orbx - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orbx

Since clearing out the sim scenery index folder as per Ben's post at ORBX my sim lock-ups seem to have cleared. I haven't touched the shader folders as I am not sure what to clear out as there are multiple folders within.

"There is a SceneryIndexes for FSX. Here are the adjusted paths that should work for FSX users:
    • %programdata%\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
    • %localappdata%\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders"
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

You can delete the Shaders and if present, the Shaders 10 folder.
    Both of these are rebuilt by FSX each time it starts.

Of course, you may wish to await official confirmation before you do this.
    Regards,
    Nick

Are Orbx and FTX Central working properly again now? Since people were having problems I've been keeping clear of trying to access them.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Are Orbx and FTX Central working properly again now? Since people were having problems I've been keeping clear of trying to access them.
    Never had a problem with both my P3D3 and FSX installations.
    Might just have been dumb luck!
    Or perhaps because I updated everything to the very latest versions.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Yes, at least for me, the problems have been resolved and FTX Central v2 with the new seamless landclass (no more regions) is working fine.

I'd recommend to stay clear until the promised fixes are out, tested and positive feedback is given. I wish I'd taken my own advice at the outset as my FSX continues to be a mess since the lclookup migration. I've attempted all the
    recommended fixes to no avail, short of a complete reinstall.

Many people will not know they even have a problem until they encounter specific areas. That said, certain other areas seem ok. I have all the symptoms... incorrect textures, blurries, stutters and pauses.
    I'm not aware that there have been ANY updated files since the original migration files were pushed out 3 weeks ago. Only a few hot fixes for certain areas.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzz1 View Post
    I'd recommend to stay clear until the promised fixes are out, tested and positive feedback is given. I wish I'd taken my own advice at the outset as my FSX continues to be a mess since the lclookup migration. I've attempted all the
    recommended fixes to no avail, short of a complete reinstall.

Many people will not know they even have a problem until they encounter specific areas. That said, certain other areas seem ok. I have all the symptoms... incorrect textures, blurries, stutters and pauses.
    I'm not aware that there have been ANY updated files since the original migration files were pushed out 3 weeks ago. Only a few hot fixes for certain areas.
    I'm not touching it. Just glad I came here and saw this thread before updating. I have to say, with all the ORBX users in FSX and this arguably being one of the busiest fan sites, I am not happy that ORBX did not officially make any announcements once it was determined there was a serious problem. I don't know what options there are other than photo real scenery packs or random, individual efforts by freeware developers to enhance FSX scenery but this incident and lack of response by ORBX has got me looking into it.

They should ideally consider offering some product(s) to the community at large as recompense - once they have truly fixed the problem=. Whether they caused it or not. Their follow up has been lacking, in my view anyway..
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I am on the verge of stopping buying ORBX products. I will only be buying the LC but no more airports As they have abandoned their roots. ORBX started out as an Australian company creating scenery for the Australian military. There have been several requests for Australian airports but each time we get told that Australian and NZ airports don't generate enough money.

I have every piece of Australian ground texture and all Australian airports and all the regions so far produced as well as many of the US and English airports. ORBX have forgotten that it is not just Australians that fly in Australia in FSX and P3D but a lot of international simmers also like flying there.

Fortunately a group of us have picked up where the original OZx left off and are working on several projects that are entering the final beta stage with more airports in the works. I am not a developer (yet but working on it) but happily test airports that are produced.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Anyone know a good Bendigo?

With very large chunks of both the US, not to mention the rest of NA, much less the Western Hemisphere, and also Europe left to cover, it's a bit odd to complain that Orbx is not still making products for your favorite area that is already very well covered.

I don't believe they've forgotten anything. I like to fly down under as well. But I'm sure when they say they can't sell enough copies of new Aussie airports, they know what they're talking about. I suspect Broome hasn't sold that well for them. But SCA has sold quite well indeed.

They're working on it.

John Venema

• Orbx CEO
    • Administrators
    • 22,497 posts
    • Order #:Staff

ID: 3 Posted Friday at 9:04 AM · Report post

Ben's diagnostic tool is being written now, should be ready to debug your issues by Monday 27th if not sooner. Sorry about the delay, we're doing our best.

Members who have read this thread: 0