latest beta vid from DTG - regarding Flight School

Thread: latest beta vid from DTG - regarding Flight School

latest beta vid from DTG - regarding Flight School

I know the new title from DTG isn't popular with everyone here. but I thought some of you might like to see this vid from their FB page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNW_zu5ORI&feature=youtu.be

enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

This version may not end up being so popular with many advanced users here but bear in mind, lots of what you're seeing here is going to go into the full version of the Sim (DFS) later on. 64bit, excellent stock scenery and environment, an excellent UI interface, it's the future of things to come and just the tip of the iceberg. I'm very excited about it and am looking forward to the full sim version.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If that is the default trees and terrain and lighting...ive changed my tune...those trees and autogen look superb.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    If that is the default trees and terrain and lighting...ive changed my tune...those trees and autogen look superb.
    Yeap! Orbx no less as well as other custom high detail scenery.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looks good. Heck I'll even buy Flight School just to try it out. Someone said it's only 20 bucks.

Blog Entries
    I'm definitely intending to get this version just to have a good look around. One thing for sure, the eventual release of the 64bit platform will be an automatic buy for me.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I'm definitely intending to get this version just to have a good look around. One thing for sure, the eventual release of the 64bit platform will be an automatic buy for me.
    Agreed - for 15$ you get the world, free flight, and all the airports...not to mention the training missions which, according to the vid are somewhat challenging.
    I already preordered to get the light twin..
    enter..the Sandman

Wow! Thanks for sharing that video and the news about this. I sorta saw it mentioned before but wasn't overly enamored with their last foray or the rail simulator. However, after watching the video, I too pre-purchased and look forward to giving it a try. The depth of detail is pretty fantastic and without the hassle of installing it all in layers.

Thanks again.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

I am very interested in the anticipated full simulator version so just out of curiosity I pre-ordered Flight School. I would like to check the new technology out, how will this 64bit sim run on my machine, how does the file structure compare to FSX etc.

Blog Entries
    Small point (but not if your Welsh) Cardiff is not in England! But it does look good.

Ian

7 gigabytes of VAS after just a short flight... You've got to love the 64 bits engine
    The video was more interesting than I expected. The main information inside is about the things that DT is still working on. The rest is just FSX with some (really) nice makeup so far. Bu it's promising for the next sim.

Looks like a must have to me, roll on end of May!!

Its got the same sort of scenery detail that I paid over £150.00 for.

As I posted in a different thread a while ago, I was not going to buy this "Pre-" flight simulator version, but was interested to see what it would look like as an indication of what the later this year to be released full flight simulator might offer.

After watching some recent "in-sim" videos I must say that I have changed my train of thought, and am seriously considering purchasing the "School" version, to have a first hand experience.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

It's a must have for me!!
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Cannot see a reason not to buy it. a) I support just about any progression of our hobby (hypocrite that I am, I never bought X-Plane after version 6 ) and b) It's $14 for goodness sake, for the price of a bad McD lunch. I pre-ordered so looking forward to its release. Looks really good.

So it was released yesterday. It has a few bugs, reflections / shadows in the VC are wonky and the atc is more robotic and unrealistic than FSX.
    I do not have access to the twin engined aircraft supposed to be a available with preorder...
    but this IS day one.
    on the plus side - the overall look and feel of the terrain and of flight are good.
    there is less click control in the vc but so far most or all of the default keyboard commands are identical to FSX. For some reason there is no floating spot view though - only the fixed spot, flyby, and top down..?
    enter..the Sandman

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    So it was released yesterday. It has a few bugs, reflections / shadows in the VC are wonky and the atc is more robotic and unrealistic than FSX.
    I do not have access to the twin engined aircraft supposed to be a available with preorder...
    but this IS day one.
    on the plus side - the overall look and feel of the terrain and of flight are good.
    there is less click control in the vc but so far most or all of the default keyboard commands are identical to FSX. For some reason there is no floating spot view though - only the fixed spot, flyby, and top down..?
    Today they announced the DA42 prop thing will be released in June. The smoothness is amazing, kind of FSX on steroids. Something good seems to have happened with the flight model engine too, for the 1st time in 10 years FSX/P3D I can properly trim the aircraft and fly straight and steady without autopilot.

After a couple of flights I'd agree with most of what's been said. It all seems rather empty, and I don't like the way the scenery fades not very far away. More digging in the settings is necessary The ATC seems to talk rather like a speak your weight machine too. On the other hand the lessons seem good, and there's an English instructor in England. The interiors are detailed, but not many clickable hot spots. I can't bring up the map either. Still, it's only Day One. I wondered about the missing twin too.

It's not very encouraging to see that the latest mention of it on DTG's own site is still " Dovetail Games Flight School is first to arrive, and is set to release in April 2016." Lots in their news section about trains, but nothing about Flight School's release.

Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

The DA42 is slated for release in June with an update to the platform including twin engine lessons in the school part of the sim. The sky textures are indeed kind of wonky, almost a negative texture.

I do believe it is a good offering for what it is, a 64 bit simulator geared towards drawing people interested in flight sim but overwhelmed by the requirements to get current sims up and running, much less the sometimes difficult interfaces.

Will see where the updates take this and even though Steam forums are polluted with trolls and bashers, support from DTG is pleasant and efficient with a desire to improve the issues.

Here's the deal...the bottom line is $$. If it doesn't sell well, how much more effort is going to be placed into the "full" version? Visually it looks fantastic I must say. But if it's just another "Flight" debacle...it doesn't bode well.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0