Carenado 500s shrike aero commander released!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Carenado 500s shrike aero commander released!!!

No problem Amigo

ATB
    DaveB

I'd never have noticed until Dirk brought it to our attention I hope that will be rectified shortly with an update... I really like the sharpness and realism of their textures though and as I spend most of my flight time in gradual transition, spot view, this is important to me (as are the skyhook retained antennae). For me Alabeo/Carenado HD look the best and as I have no pretentions to be a real pilot, I'm happy. I understand the paint-kit gripes but I will never attempt repaints my self (total lack of talent) again I'll manage.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball6 View Post
    Those Gaps between the Fuselage and the antennas at the Underside...
    Whoops...! Good looking model all the same.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Let me clarify, i don't wont to be ironic - it make me angry to see those issues, like gaps in or at a model for what i had payed. Like Roger, i like the work of Carenado or Alabeo and all other Developers that brings all the planes to our hobby, but i am tired of those "mistakes". And before you ask - i'd send them a mail and a picture like those that i'd posted here. The answer is that they "will consider if they change that in a future update". Sorry - that is not the wright way in my opinion - I think they must change that, as soon as possible - for all paying customers !

All the Best

Dirk

I really like the sharpness and realism of their textures though and as I spend most of my flight time in gradual transition, spot view, this is important to me ..
    Agree Roger. While their products are pricey.. they can be considered 'top end' in their class. I never buy them on release.. usually when they've been out a good while when all the bugs have been ironed out AND when they're in a sale which makes 'em a steal! The only model I've ever had issues with is the C90. Even the low-res textures drag my i5 2500K to it's knees. I dare not fly the B200 on an extended flight for fear of a pc meltdown but it's easier going than the C90. I have the B200 and 337 installed at the moment though my favourite is probably the V-Tail. JanKees has walked me through doing repaints for them a couple of times but I still find it like tying laces with mittens on so leave 'em alone. For this reason alone, I lose interest in them in short order and find it difficult to part with cash for them in the first place. You have to rely on those talented enough to do the repaints using the 'Blank' and more often than not.. they don't do 'G' paints. A few years down the line when the Shrike appears at $10.. I'll probably crack.. and fly it once
    ATB
    DaveB

Let me clarify, i don't wont to be ironic - it make me angry to see those issues, like gaps in or at a model for what i had payed. Like Roger, i like the work of Carenado or Alabeo and all other Developers that brings all the planes to our hobby, but i am tired of those "mistakes". And before you ask - i'd send them a mail and a picture like those that i'd posted here. The answer is that they "will consider if they change that in a future update". Sorry - that is not the wright way in my opinion - I think they must change that, as soon as possible - for all paying customers !

All the Best

Dirk
    Dirk,even though my post was half tongue in cheek and half a personal opinion,though i see now my post wasnt funny...lol..i dont see anything wrong with pointing out mistakes or goofs,but to just bash a product because you hate (not you,anyone) the company is not right.i've complained about something not right on planes in the past,but i don't believe i ever bashed the company or builder of the product,and if i have i apologize .constructive criticism is great,critical criticism isnt if it just bashing.

Daveroo - it was not my intention to bash on Carenado. But i find it is the right place to share my opinion with the community. Those gaps between the fuselage and the antennas are absolutely inacebtable on a payware product. I am not a developer or a modeler but it could not be such a great thing to fix that an give an update to the customers. Once again - i payed for that and all what i want is good quality. For me it looks a bit confident if a developer told me that he will consider to fix such a mistake. In my opinion it is not a question of consideration, more a question of fairness to the customers to fix it immediately after it was brought to their attention.

They make great addons - without any doubt - i own a lot of their stuff, but they need a bit more quality control. And please do not forget it is a payware-company that take our money.

All the Best

Dirk

Daveroo - it was not my intention to bash on Carenado.

All the Best

Dirk
    yes Dirk i understand you were not bashing them,i apologize if you thought that was what i was saying,implying or accusing you of..was not my intention.i was just making a general comment as to my opinions.Dave

Daveroo - it was not my intention to bash on Carenado. But i find it is the right place to share my opinion with the community. Those gaps between the fuselage and the antennas are absolutely inacebtable on a payware product. I am not a developer or a modeler but it could not be such a great thing to fix that an give an update to the customers. Once again - i payed for that and all what i want is good quality. For me it looks a bit confident if a developer told me that he will consider to fix such a mistake. In my opinion it is not a question of consideration, more a question of fairness to the customers to fix it immediately after it was brought to their attention.

They make great addons - without any doubt - i own a lot of their stuff, but they need a bit more quality control. And please do not forget it is a payware-company that take our money.

All the Best

Dirk
    I, for one, appreciate the "constructive criticism" of payware products. Money is tight for many of us and we need to get the best bang for the buck in our flight sim purchases. Ranting, attacking, and bashing I do not welcome nor agree with.

Dirk's post was fair and what he pointed out would be of interest to experienced flight simmer. The market place is competitive and those that put out a superior product with great value for the price should be rewarded.

My dos centavos.

Obie

Obie,i agree as well.i have NO problem with constructive criticism,like dirks ...but if someone were to say..and im NOT pointing a finger at anyone, "well that company (insert your choice) sucks" something along those lines anyway..then i have a problem..lol

Can we now move on please?

Ok back on subject. Constructive comments please!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

No problem...

I got it. I like it. It's a great addition to the fleet. Carenado has done a wonderful job.

Y'all may want to check out the Unofficial "Carenado Support Forum" on Avsim which has a section on the Aero Commander with comments, videos and tweaks.

Cheers
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    No problem...

I got it. I like it. It's a great addition to the fleet. Carenado has done a wonderful job.

Y'all may want to check out the Unofficial "Carenado Support Forum" on Avsim which has a section on the Aero Commander with comments, videos and tweaks.

Cheers
    Wow! A lot of issues with this bird according to those folks at Avsim. Including those antennas. Looks like some fixes are done. Avsim guys really tests these new models and report tickets.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Wow! A lot of issues with this bird according to those folks at Avsim. Including those antennas. Looks like some fixes are done. Avsim guys really tests these new models and report tickets.
    Agreed. Most the issues discussed are not what I would recognize (I'm a casual flyer) other than the antennas and interior textures. I did install one of the "cleaner" interior textures which I like better. I'll be curious to see if Carenado corrects the antennas as I suspect it will require an update to the model.
    -- WH

How about that..

Carenado just released v1.1 this morning.

NEW VERSION RELEASED (1.1)
    CARENADO 500S SHRIKE AERO COMMANDER FSX/P3D

Fixes:
    - Problem that causes airspeed indicator 2 not to work with instrument lights on.
    - Problem with FRQ button on the ADF with Instrument lights on solved.
    - VOR 2 is working fine now.
    - Floating antennas issue solved.
    - Fixes a problem that the cowl flap tooltip showed the same percentage on both engines.
    - Elevator text misspelling solved.
    - Autopilot improvements.
    - Minor bug fixes.

Customers should download the package again from the link provided. Downloads and installations were increased.

You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version.
    -- WH

Excellent... good to hear!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Just been to my account at Carenado and there is no update showing yet.
    SYSTEM :
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just been to my account at Carenado and there is no update showing yet.
    The extracted download will be a 1.1 exe, got mine this morning even though it did not show an update.......also the product page has 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    The extracted download will be a 1.1 exe, got mine this morning even though it did not show an update.......also the product page has 1.1
    Thanks, downloading now.
    SYSTEM :

Just grabbed v1.1. Did a quick dash around the patch. I like it. I have a few hundred hours in 500's and I like this a lot. I need to do some sea level flights and see how she does. I was flying her out of KEGE just now, and she did fine at that altitude.

Don
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AC500S_KEGE05202016.jpg  

Yes indeed! Love this aircraft; super job in every respect IMO. Been waiting a long time for a high quality Commander. Many thanks to Carenado.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Milton - I still fly your old 500 around all the time. This is ANOTHER plane in the hangar, not a replacement plane!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    Milton - I still fly your old 500 around all the time. This is ANOTHER plane in the hangar, not a replacement plane!!

Don
    LOL Don, you were very instrumental in getting those 2003 projects done and I certainly appreciated all your insight and 500 experience back then. But now we have the real McCoy (or closer to it) and I certainly applaud Carenado's efforts on this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Just installed V1.1 and now it looks like a Carenado Plane should look like ! Not more, not less - good Job Carenado

Members who have read this thread: 0