JF DH-98 Mosquito released - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: JF DH-98 Mosquito released

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Brilliant JO .. never seen those before .. incredible photos, pleased you posted those
    More pictures if you follow the "mosquito" link in the left corner. In norwegian, but the 14 pages of mosquito related pictures shouldn't need any translation. Many pictures of F.II "H" as I have painted as well.

Another low level picture:
    http://digitaltmuseum.no/01101273133...5#&gid=1&pid=1

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Well, Pat, you were on the beta team.

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    More pictures if you follow the "mosquito" link in the left corner. In norwegian, but the 14 pages of mosquito related pictures shouldn't need any translation. Many pictures of F.II "H" as I have painted as well.

Another low level picture:
    http://digitaltmuseum.no/01101273133...5#&gid=1&pid=1
    Cheers Matey , they are extra special .... maybe another Mosquito Squadron watch tonight ... whoops not maybe

Looking through those photos again JO , the ocean is a great study, really churned up, I'm going wild with ideas for a new painting/drawing ..... sorry guys one for the wall

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yep, I missed it as did the rest of the team. Should have looked harder when I was checking which covers came off. Will make an appointment with OPSM next week .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Sooo... when are we going to see all these new repaints???
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Bazz, posted over on the beta test forum.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Martyn I have to say I like this Mosquito, done the sound swap as I had odd sound but its sweet! Wonder if there is the possibility of a gunless Mosquito for the BOAC ball bearing runners?

With regards to paint schemes was there any full rap around camouflaged versions of this mark?

Icon5

The current line up of Mosquitos from 333 Sqn is as follows:

-F Mk.II DZ700 "H" of No 333 (Nor) Sqn, B-flight based at RAF Leuchars in the summer of 1943

-FB MK.VI HP862 "3-O" of No 333 (Nor) Sqn, B-flight based at RAF Leuchars in the spring of 1944

-FB MK.VI HP904 "3-E" of No 333 (Nor) Sqn, B-flight based at RAF Leuchars in the autumn of 1944

-FB MK.VI RF590 "KK-H" of No 333 (Nor) Sqn, B-flight based at RAF Banff in the spring of 1945

-FB MK.VI RF831 "KK-G" of No 333 (Nor) Sqn, B-flight based at RAF Banff in May 1945.
    Part of 334 Sqn from June and flew with the squadron back to Norway on the 8th June.

-FB MK.VI RF769 "KK-P" of No 333 (Nor) Sqn, B-flight based at RAF Banff in May 1945.
    Part of 334 Sqn from June and flew with the squadron back to Norway on the 8th June.

I'll pack them all up (including the first two) as a package covering the Norwegian Mosquito war service.
    JensOle, did you ever have a chance to pack these up and make them available for download??

Thanks
    -- WH

Finishing them as I type :-)

Al Nix (oldpropfan) here at the forum made a RAF Banff scenery to go with RAF Dallachy. I know he released the later, but did he release Banff? I got it from him for giving feedback, but it would be great if it was available for everybody

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

the package has been uploaded, enjoy!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Cheers JensOle. downloading now!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Cheers JensOle. downloading now!
    Hey, SOH Staff.. Not fair.... Give the rest of us a link...
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    My word, they went in low over the North Sea! Also reassuring to see how many of these unguided missiles ... miss. Just like in CFS3.
    It is truly amazing to see the RP rockets come of the rails in all kind of directions.. it also shows how close they needed to get to the ships before firing them. It must have been a rather bad design regarding how it was stabilized, but it was probably cheap and easy to produce.. To be fair so was they probably very often fired outside their "parameters" with both a lot of G forces and directional forces due to the very nature of diving down steep fjords and or manoeuvring during attacks.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Hey, SOH Staff.. Not fair.... Give the rest of us a link...
    Terribly sorry WH, I just went to the Warbirds Library and clicked on New to find it...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=180&id=21412

Or look for add-ons by JensOle, or FSX Add-Ons / FSX Skins / FSX Military skins - WWII....
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Staff can see uploads before they are sanctioned by Rami...perk of the job
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Staff can see uploads before they are sanctioned by Rami...perk of the job
    I knew that. I just wanted to keep ya' on your toes.

Got 'em now. Thanks, JensOle.

Cheers
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    I knew that. I just wanted to keep ya' on your toes.

Got 'em now. Thanks, JensOle.

Cheers
    Could someone please post a link....I can not seem to find them???? The last FSX WWII Skin entry is for the A2A Texan?

I have been hanging out for these "mossie" repaints to buzz around Norway.

Regards,
    Tim...

Please ignore my previous post....

The link has appeared now in the download section.

Thank you very much,

Tim.

Great paints and thank you JensOle.

However, I am getting this issue with P3Dv3...? How would I fix this issue please?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Just as it should be, read the readme :-)

From my readme:
    "Just "H" and KK-P of these aircraft had the exhaust shrouds installed. For accuracy they should be removed when flying with the other aircraft (or they will show up pink..). The shrouds lowered the max speed and they were removed and replaced with standard Merlin exhausts on most of the Mosquitos of the strike wing squadrons for higher top speed. "

The shroud on/off is covered in the readme from justflight.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Just as it should be, read the readme :-)

From my readme:
    "Just "H" and KK-P of these aircraft had the exhaust shrouds installed. For accuracy they should be removed when flying with the other aircraft (or they will show up pink..). The shrouds lowered the max speed and they were removed and replaced with standard Merlin exhausts on most of the Mosquitos of the strike wing squadrons for higher top speed. "

The shroud on/off is covered in the readme from justflight.

Sorry my bad! I did not read the "Read Me" file.... Pitty they are pink because I find this model ugly without the exhaust covers!!

Excellent work.

Cheers,
    Tim.

As we have been discussing above so are the cut out for the exhaust a bit off and I hope JF will try and remodel this important part of the model. But at least I prefer the realism of flying with the shrouds off. In fact I think the Mosquito looks a bit better with them off :-)

I'm trying to research the "personal" Mosquito of Station commander at Banff, Group Captain Max Aitken. I know it was in the Special duty scheme A with red spinner and had the grp cpt pennant on the left side under the canopy. A series of pictures of Aitken and the Mosquito were taken in February 1945. But I have not seen any of the rear fuselage covering the serial and codes. The serial should be HR366 and some sources mention that it was coded MA-01. Does anybody have any info?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

JensOle, I have couple books here I have to go through, the name is very familiar, both books 'Mosquito Log and Gestapo Hunters' may have something.

Jens-Ole,

I have only been able to find the pictures you already mentioned. As you already mentioned, they don't show much details of the aircraft.

Sorry,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 1