JF DH-98 Mosquito released - Page 5
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: JF DH-98 Mosquito released

I see that Wells Sullivan has uploaded a video taking a look at the new AH/JF Mosquito FB.VI.

Some nice looking repaints coming along btw - keep em' coming!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    ...has uploaded a video taking a look at the new AH/JF Mosquito FB.VI....
    Oh good. Can't wait.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Oh good. Can't wait.
    Hmm.. me too. I lasted a minute before bailing out
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Hmm.. me too. I lasted a minute before bailing out
    ATB
    DaveB
    Hang in there. He had a few aircraft config suggested changes - minor one's. Just jump forward in the playback.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Thanks mate but I'll give it a miss. The last thing I want to do is read a review on a model I've already got and what matters to him may well not matter to me. I didn't like the props, the lights and the sound and I've fixed those so for me.. it'll do

ATB
    DaveB

Dusk....when the mossies come out to hunt...

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Oh my world....that's a great shot. Initially thought it was some even greater terrain database, till I saw the shadows and such and realized it was photoshopped. Great job and great shot. I just may have ot pick this one up..really trying to stop the timpulse buying in this hobby.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    I just may have ot pick this one up..really trying to stop the impulse buying in this hobby.
    Even how awesome are some of these new models are... I've stopped buying stuff. I find I fly them for awhile, then gets parked. I have to many payware aircraft just sitting in the hangar! The only reason I have FSX-SE/P3Dv3 installed is to do beta testing and fortunate enough to get the models free in the process.

With Dovetail just around the corner, that's what I maybe focusing my efforts on.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Oh my world....that's a great shot. Initially thought it was some even greater terrain database, till I saw the shadows and such and realized it was photoshopped. Great job and great shot. I just may have ot pick this one up..really trying to stop the timpulse buying in this hobby.
    Those yellow rape fields would lead me to believe it's ORBX scenery rather than photoshopped. Looks very much like FTX England
    ATB
    DaveB

Those yellow rape fields would lead me to believe it's ORBX scenery rather than photoshopped. Looks very much like FTX England
    Agreed. I see nothing but typical FSX/P3D scenery there!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

FTX England. Trees have shadows. No Photoshop here.

Cheers,

- d

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Even how awesome are some of these new models are... I've stopped buying stuff. I find I fly them for awhile, then gets parked. I have to many payware aircraft just sitting in the hangar! The only reason I have FSX-SE/P3Dv3 installed is to do beta testing and fortunate enough to get the models free in the process.

With Dovetail just around the corner, that's what I maybe focusing my efforts on.
    It's the new shiny toy thing. Good for a few hours, then back to the old favorites.

This is truly one enjoyable aircraft. I really like all the animations.

Beyond opening doors, windows and bomb bay one can load and fire flares, remove the exhaust covers, and drop bombs. I just finished a flight and discovered I could automate the emergency war power setting.

The internal lighting is great; however, it would be nice to be able to dim the gauge lighting a tad. And as already mentioned the external lighting is somewhat overwhelming, so I hope AH/JF can remedy that in a future update.

Overall, job well done.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

FTX England. Trees have shadows. No Photoshop here.

Cheers,

- d
    Wow again! I have FTX England and never really realized how great it looks. Thanks for clarifying. Great shot of a classy warbird.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

It's the new shiny toy thing. Good for a few hours, then back to the old favorites.
    Yep... that was me a few years ago!!!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I'm curious. A few days ago there were a flurry of posts regarding the paint kit for the new Mossie. Is anyone working on some repaints, or has everyone given up?
    -- WH

Not that I was going to be a contender but I can't open the revised PK in CS2. I see others are still having issues with it giving errors in CS4/5 so unless something is done.. the only paints will be from folk who've made their own PK's or those with CS6+

ATB
    DaveB

You can open the paintkit with several versions of photoshop and paintshop pro, but it will not work out of the box. For psp I have opened it in PSD which can read the layers and then copied every single layer over to a new file made in PSP...

Why a payware company would like to crush the buzz and free advertising the repaint community makes for a release is impossible for me to understand... One simple solution: release a paint kit which works on a wider selection of programs.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Not that I was going to be a contender but I can't open the revised PK in CS2. I see others are still having issues with it giving errors in CS4/5 so unless something is done.. the only paints will be from folk who've made their own PK's or those with CS6+

ATB
    DaveB
    So the alternative PK mentioned by Martyn in post #58 is still unusable? Bummer.
    -- WH

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    So the alternative PK mentioned by Martyn in post #58 is still unusable? Bummer.
    I got the Mossie on Monday, and the new paint kit opens in Gimp ok, but not PSP XI.

I have an older version of Photoshop, but haven't tried to open the files with that yet.

(I note that the paint kit mdl is no longer included with the paint kit files or in the main Mosquito folder).

If you have a program that opens the files, but is not your tool of choice, the I suppose we could do as Jens-Ole has done.

Anyway, looking forward to the repaints!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    ...Why a payware company would like to crush the buzz and free advertising the repaint community makes for a release is impossible for me to understand...
    A little uncharitable: try buying a kosher Photoshop licence for an older version at a realistic price in less than ten days and see how far you get... The problem is of Adobe's making, imo: the Creative Cloud system makes it possible to rent the software you want for a month or two at little cost. So you've bought the new rig, complete with the latest Windows incarnation and there's work to do, urgently. Going to faff about persuading 12 year old software to run on it or take the quick, cheap option? Modellers have worse problems with 3ds Max – new year, new version and your Max 2010 won't read the files.

With bills to pay, the choice is easy. OTOH, as an amateur I can waste the necessary time looking for a second-hand CS4. I expect the incompatibilities are in the layer setup.
    Last edited by hairyspin; May 4th, 2016 at 10:47.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Well, I had no problems whatsoever opening the paintkit, using CS6, so maybe I'm just lucky.
    I did two quick and simple repaints, but I will be travelling a bit too much over the next few months, and as a consequence my repainting time will be extremely limited, so I will probably never really finish them.
    So, I am offering you what I have at the moment, not perfect, but maybe you'll enjoy them anyway:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8uzrpa2ls...uitos.zip?dl=0

..and if you don't, just delete them, or change them any which way you like.
    Me, I'm flying out of Zaventem tomorrow morning very early, wish me luck...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

JK , yip I had no problems with CS5.5 .. We are both lucky then

Excellent. Thank you, Jankees.
    -- WH

Members who have read this thread: 1