JF DH-98 Mosquito released - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: JF DH-98 Mosquito released

Thanks Dave.

I appreciate the kind words regarding the flight model.

Maybe one of the two owners of airworthy Mosquitos will reach out and offer me a ride so I can experience what's it's really like. Dream on!

Hearing positive feedback makes all the work worthwhile.

mal

I like bombers..

... and I like Fighter Bombers. How blessed we are to have both

ATB
    DaveB

Wow! Great screen shots.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Cheers djv

With a few quick tweaks.. the FB is very much good to go

Huub.. I've had a look at the PK and I can't open it in CS2 either.. without errors that is. No way can I justify almost £500 on a CS4 license so I'll be sitting this one out too.
    ATB
    DaveB

Sri dvj.. I tried to edit your initials but it keeps giving me a fresh post!!
    ATB
    DaveB

I just got it myself and it is great to finally have a FB Mosquito in FS!

I know we are quick to start pointing out problem areas before the good. It is indeed a great aircraft but what happened with the Merlin sound? The sound included in the pack sounds very synthetic and nothing like the Merlin roar you get when viewing both internal and fly by films of Mosquito KA114.

The paintkit format was also a great disappointment on my part. I have both PSD 2015 and the family tree of PSP programs, but none manage to open the paintkit in any useful way. Is it possible to provide the paintkit in a format which is easier to open and accessible to more repainters? I'm quite sure that the more the repainting community start to work on this aircraft, the better the sales will be. Please!!

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

It pains me to say it JensOle but the soundset from DG's model is already in the FB folder here I commented on my first post that I thought the soundset was less than convincing but one can never be certain it's not pc related. Flypast on this rig sounded more like one of my RC's than a pair of Merlins!! DG's soundset works great on my rig so it was the natural alternative.

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Is it just me.....or do the occupants look a little out of scale!? All the photo's I have ever seen of a Mossie the room in the cockpit looks a little tight.
    Depends whether the occupants are wearing bone domes or flying caps. Photos online of KA 114 with occupants don't look much different to me.

BTW, I don't think the builder got the prop textures right in the photo above: too solid imo
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    It pains me to say it JensOle but the soundset from DG's model is already in the FB folder here I commented on my first post that I thought the soundset was less than convincing but one can never be certain it's not pc related. Flypast on this rig sounded more like one of my RC's than a pair of Merlins!! DG's soundset works great on my rig so it was the natural alternative.

ATB
    DaveB
    So it is not just my ears.... Strange that a payware release has missed out on the Merlins...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Ref: JF Mossie

Just bought this aircraft and love it. But, is there anyway to refurbish the nav lights? I've tried different configurations in the proper sections, but it doesn't change what's currently there. Hawkdriver

Updated to DG sound set. Amazing
    Mod Prop blur. Awesomeness
    Continuous Loop of 633 Squadron theme - their finest hour

There IS mate but it involves the use of a hex editor to edit the lights in the model (the Mossie lights are attached to the mdl hence the entries in the aircraft.cfg having a ; prefix). TBH.. it's not a 5min job and even less of a 5min job to explain what you have to do. Perhaps someone more qualified than I will go through the process for you.
    EDIT: lovely shot dvj
    ATB
    DaveB

About the sound, get an ear full of these Spitfires and Mosquito's with a low pass. This video is of a simulation not the real thing but it sure looks real.

Merlin Video Click Here
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Gentleman - your shots looks amazing - i think i have to talk with the boss for buying this Mossie

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    About the sound, get an ear full of these Spitfires and Mosquito's with a low pass. This video is of a simulation not the real thing but it sure looks real.

Merlin Video Click Here
    Does anyone know the origin of that "simulation". Looks real to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Don't know the name, it was of Japanese origin. They made several other videos featuring the P-51 and several WWII Japanese fighters. Anyone have more information?
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by dvj View Post
    Tochy, a Japanese animator made these... just search for "Tochy airplane videos"
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Bought it...handles like I would expect it to. Paintkit is "less than optimum (!)" so that will limit repaints unless someone decides to create and post a paintkit, and there are no togglable underwing stores (thinking Coastal Command) in addition to not having the option of slipper tanks.

Great if you like recreating Operation Jericho and 633 Squadron...

A PR variant (would even settle for a standard, non-PR glass nosed version) would be an awesome stablemate (external model only...recognize additional VC would just suck up resources and time, and make turning a profit hard).

The FDE is a marked improvement over past representations.

Kent
    Last edited by ColoKent; April 28th, 2016 at 16:47.

Paintkit is "less than optimum (!)"

Sorry, you'll need to define that a bit please.

Fair question Baz: Actually, I was commenting with respect to JensOle's comment about it apparently requiring the latest programs. I've already popped the PK open, since I've got CS6-- so that is not a problem for me. My point was that many might not have the latest & greatest to open the files.

Here's a question: Why does the PK appear to have an MDL file in it (in addition to the textures themselves)?

Kent

Have you checked the manual? the last page should detail the reason for the MDL inclusion in the paintkit.

No I haven't-- because for SOME reason, my Adobe Acrobat X is refusing to launch. I'll e-mail it to my other computer, and try opening it from over there-- hey-- maybe the additional MDL is a glass nosed model!!!!!!!

K

I have to say that I am fearful of where we are going to end up if developers cannot access and use the latest software to produce product. In any other industry, if people want to alter something or edit something, they need software compatible with what the industry is using. If this does not happen all that will happen is that development will be forever shackled by restrictions imposed by the lowest common denominator. Do we really want that to be the case for the future of our hobby?

The advantages that new gen software bring to production lead times and overall productivity mean faster, more polished results. If that means that some are not backward compatible then that is a small price to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    I have to say that I am fearful of where we are going to end up if developers cannot access and use the latest software to produce product. In any other industry, if people want to alter something or edit something, they need software compatible with what the industry is using. If this does not happen all that will happen is that development will be forever shackled by restrictions imposed by the lowest common denominator. Do we really want that to be the case for the future of our hobby?

The advantages that new gen software bring to production lead times and overall productivity mean faster, more polished results. If that means that some are not backward compatible then that is a small price to pay.
    Reasonable concern...

Baz,

Just read the paint kit portion of the manual...Could you please explain how an MDL that is "a very cut down paint kit model that only handles the parts that are needed to make a new livery" would be used? I'm used to just copying an existing variant folder, replacing the textures with those I have modified, then adding a new entry to the aircraft.cfg file.

What am I missing here?

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 1