Thread: A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

Hybrid View

A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

I downloaded it. Did a short hop in it. Looks and handles great!! NC

<center>FSX - FSX Business Jets</center><center>FSX/P3D Aryus Cessna 56X
    </center><center>[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: aryus_cessna_56x_p3d-fsx_4-21-2016.zip
    Size: 185,930,536 Date: 04-22-2016 Downloads: 608

FSX/P3D Aryus Cessna 56X with VC. Converted by Bigmike. This aircraft was created by Alex Sandro Guedes Silva and is converted to FSX/Prepar3D using the stock Learjet 45 VC sounds by Christoffer Petersen. Paint job created by Jeffrey S. Bryner .

It's in the library right here if anyone else wants to try it.

I downloaded it and agree it's nice.

Cessna C56

This is a nicely done paint, hard to believe it's freeware. Thanks NC for finding this one

- Reverse power - Those "Buckets" are animated

Parked at KNGX - NAS Alameda.

windows exterior textures have alpha channel but it doesn't show transparent

I am getting some buggy results. With the plane on the ground, watch the ailerons. Give it full left hand and then full right hand wheel inputs and let me know what the ailerons do. I am getting full up aileron on both sides with full left wheel, and full right wheel will center both sides. I've never seen this before. Please confirm or tell me I am crazy. I too am getting solid windscreens as well. FYI - I did load out the FSX version. Thanks!

Don

I concur with all that. The nose wheel maintains a centered position in right turn. Left turn, nose gear will turn left. I may just put this one in the hanger for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpounder View Post
    I am getting some buggy results. With the plane on the ground, watch the ailerons. Give it full left hand and then full right hand wheel inputs and let me know what the ailerons do. I am getting full up aileron on both sides with full left wheel, and full right wheel will center both sides. I've never seen this before. Please confirm or tell me I am crazy. I too am getting solid windscreens as well. FYI - I did load out the FSX version. Thanks!

Don

Same here with the buggies. Since this was an FS9 model converted to FSX, I have to wonder if there aren't some coding missteps causing the odd aileron deflections and the nosewheel. Could also be why the windows don't react to how FSX handles transparency issues. Nice exterior model but it has all the signs of either having been rushed or converted but with some steps missing. Maybe it should have been tested before it was released.

This is a pretty sweet ride. Only one problem. I keep breaking it. On take off it is EASY to overspeed this bird and she has very low tolerance for mishandling. Is there a revised flight model somewhere yet? If I advance the throttles past 50-60%, Im gonna overspeed, which shouldnt happen I dont think? I am flying this one in P3D, which I think is now my new permanent sim.

Eric

And this might help nailing down the correct speeds..

http://jetav.com/cessna-citation-xls-performance-specs/
    ATB
    DaveB

This is what I went with for the Citation Soverign,
    In the aircraft.cfg find the [Reference Speeds] section:
    Based on data I mined I came up, I adjusted accordingly and overspeed warning desensitized a little.

[Reference Speeds]
    flaps_up_stall_speed = 118.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
    full_flaps_stall_speed = 92.6 //Knots True (KTAS)
    cruise_speed = 460.0 // was 458.7 //Knots True (KTAS)
    max_mach = 0.80//was 0.85
    max_indicated_speed = 458 //was 295 //Red line (KIAS)

Yikes..

We've crossed from XLS to Sovereign. Static thrust on the XLS seems a little high. The aircraft.cfg says 4220 and that link above shows 4119 though I guess you could argue engine specs all day.
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0