A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

And this might help nailing down the correct speeds..

http://jetav.com/cessna-citation-xls-performance-specs/
    ATB
    DaveB

This is what I went with for the Citation Soverign,
    In the aircraft.cfg find the [Reference Speeds] section:
    Based on data I mined I came up, I adjusted accordingly and overspeed warning desensitized a little.

[Reference Speeds]
    flaps_up_stall_speed = 118.0 //Knots True (KTAS)
    full_flaps_stall_speed = 92.6 //Knots True (KTAS)
    cruise_speed = 460.0 // was 458.7 //Knots True (KTAS)
    max_mach = 0.80//was 0.85
    max_indicated_speed = 458 //was 295 //Red line (KIAS)

Yikes..

We've crossed from XLS to Sovereign. Static thrust on the XLS seems a little high. The aircraft.cfg says 4220 and that link above shows 4119 though I guess you could argue engine specs all day.
    ATB
    DaveB

I know, I crossed threaded this one

here are the Citation 560 engine specs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_V

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Yikes..

We've crossed from XLS to Sovereign. Static thrust on the XLS seems a little high. The aircraft.cfg says 4220 and that link above shows 4119 though I guess you could argue engine specs all day.
    ATB
    DaveB

And for the XLS.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_Excel

The link you posted for the Ultra has even more powerful engines than the model!! You'd never stop it overspeeding with those
    ATB
    DaveB

Military 560 UC 35 version

A link to the military version (UC-35) of the Cessna 560. Click on the photo and there are pics of a Marine version that would be a nice paint(s).
    After that, click on the other photos to enlarge them.

http://www.navair.navy.mil/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.display&key=8659F8A0-F4F6-4714-BBA0-27952A24AF39

Maybe with a drag chute

And for the XLS.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cessna_Citation_Excel

The link you posted for the Ultra has even more powerful engines than the model!! You'd never stop it overspeeding with those
    ATB
    DaveB

I've reduced the static thrust in the aircraft.cfg to 4119 but it will still overspeed with comparative ease. The whole plot needs a good looking at by someone who's not afraid of flight dynamics to get it accurate but in the meantime.. flying it on AP for airspeed will keep it under control.

This line in the [autopilot] section .. autothrottle_arming_required=0 .. reads 1 and the SPD hold won't engage. Change it to 0 (zero) as I've done and it will. The speed control dial is a bit finicky but it does work.
    ATB
    DaveB

Yes, but what about the reference speeds section? Isn't that relevant and can be adjusted to correct the over speed issue?

I've reduced the static thrust in the aircraft.cfg to 4119 but it will still overspeed with comparative ease. The whole plot needs a good looking at by someone who's not afraid of flight dynamics to get it accurate but in the meantime.. flying it on AP for airspeed will keep it under control.

This line in the [autopilot] section .. autothrottle_arming_required=0 .. reads 1 and the SPD hold won't engage. Change it to 0 (zero) as I've done and it will. The speed control dial is a bit finicky but it does work.
    ATB
    DaveB

Those entries are only relevant to if and when the overspeed appears. They won't stop it happening.. they just move the bar up so it'll go faster than it should (or shouldn't) without reporting. They're also relevant to the model receiving damage from stress e t c if you have that option turned on. Every little bit helps but the more you look at it.. there are holes in the flight model big enough to sail Nimitz through without touching the sides

TBH.. none of this really matters to me. It's a freeware model of a type I never fly that seemed 'less M$' than the defaults I also never fly. It's a bit of fun for when I feel like flying something different. 40 bucks will get you a proper one from Eaglesoft
    ATB
    DaveB

Yes indeed, I've viewed their three part video on the plane you speak of and if you care to go thru the minutiae to start up that thing then, when you've finished with the lecture, you'll get another candle on your B'day cake too. I mean if you want to program way points and push this and poke that then, that's just duckie.
    I wouldn't use all the bells and whistles that comes with the $40 version. I try to employ the KISS principle. Oh well, I have other more enjoyable aircraft types to play with.

40 bucks will get you a proper one from Eaglesoft
    ATB
    DaveB

hahahahahaha

There's only so much you can expect from a converted XLS wearing a Learjet panel Outside.. it looks right.. inside.. it's all wrong. If an FD guru were to look over the package 'as is' and tweak the various lines in the airfile and cfg to bring it in line with the XLS perf figures.. it'd probably be less fun. Wash'n'go works for me with this one
    ATB
    DaveB

Not sure what I said that was so humorous but, I do have many other things to fly and don't really fly this 56X that much. The other one is a tad better IMHO.
    I have plenty of Payware types that suit my fancy as I have a penchant for them. If this 56X were in better shape then it most likely wouldn't of been freeware.

hahahahahaha

There's only so much you can expect from a converted XLS wearing a Learjet panel Outside.. it looks right.. inside.. it's all wrong. If an FD guru were to look over the package 'as is' and tweak the various lines in the airfile and cfg to bring it in line with the XLS perf figures.. it'd probably be less fun. Wash'n'go works for me with this one
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    And with that, I guess you had the last word.
    Not by any means Butch. If someone versed in the 'Black Art' of flight dynamics were to take it on, it'd be kind'a cool but I can put up with the overspeed and largely avoid it with conservative use of the taps. Maybe I'm more used to flying Brit jets with Speys that will fail if you don't throttle back sharpish. Funny.. I was flying the MV F-15E yesterday and wondered if it gave a 'visual' indication it had gone Mach and in the end.. all I got was an overspeed message!
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 0