A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

I am still hangin' with P3Dv3.1 for the moment and experienced the same issues as Falcon409 with the P3D model included in the release. On the other hand, the FSX model is working beautifully in P3Dv3.1 for me, absent of any of the issues described above.

sorry to ask dumb question but what is binned N plate?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nice lights, I can see over the combing and binned the N plate

Strictly speaking.. G-OROO wears the blue stripe livery (same design but variations of blue) though it'll do for me
    ATB
    DaveB

hahahahaha..

You're on form Butch

For 'N plate'.. read 'N registration'. While there are many N registered bizjets flying over and at various locations in the UK.. I always feel uncomfortable flying one in the sim unless it's a warbird. There are a number of G registered XLS living here so I chose one (G-OROO) as shown in my screenie. G-OROO doesn't have the gold stripe depicted on the models paint but another shade of blue though it's close enough for my use. I posted blank psd's of the fin so that users can add their own reg.. saving them the time of painting out the original. You can even have it with no reg should you so wish
    ATB
    DaveB

Ok: added landing lights effect, but they don't show, the cfg file under lights section doesn't have any link for them
    Someone knows how...
    The more you do, the less you dream

He's added the landing light effect to the actual model so in this case, it doesn't need an entry in the aircraft.cfg. All you need to do is add the effect to your effects folder and it should work I'd forgotten to download that so thanks for the prod

EDIT: Just loaded the fx and it's not working for me. Had a look in MCX and it seems the associated bmp for it is missing.

EDIT#2: The missing fx bmp is prefixed QW (Quality Wings me thinks). Perhaps it would be better to un-attach the landing lights from the model and simply add them to the aircraft.cfg. A much easier solution for users who don't have the necessary files or who would prefer Shockwave lights
    ATB
    DaveB
    Last edited by DaveB; April 26th, 2016 at 14:05.

He's added the landing light effect to the actual model so in this case, it doesn't need an entry in the aircraft.cfg. All you need to do is add the effect to your effects folder and it should work I'd forgotten to download that so thanks for the prod

EDIT: Just loaded the fx and it's not working for me. Had a look in MCX and it seems the associated bmp for it is missing.

EDIT#2: The missing fx bmp is prefixed QW (Quality Wings me thinks). Perhaps it would be better to un-attach the landing lights from the model and simply add them to the aircraft.cfg. A much easier solution for users who don't have the necessary files or who would prefer Shockwave lights
    ATB
    DaveB
    Sorry Dave BUT... I've understood almost nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by menef View Post
    Sorry Dave BUT... I've understood almost nothing...
    Okey doh.

With the original lights, they're added and positioned in the aircraft.cfg.. the 'old school' way of doing it. When Morpheus added the landing lights.. he 'attached' them to the actual model.. the mdl file and in doing so, they don't need an entry in the aircraft.cfg. You don't really need to make them part of the model unless they're attached to moving parts (eg.. the rudder or flexing wings) but it's the trendy way to do it these days. He obviously has a Quality Wings model and has used the fx file off one (or has used a file renamed by someone else) which requires a non-standard bmp in order for it to work. He supplied the fx file but not the bmp so when you turn the landing lights on.. unless you have a Quality Wings model that uses this effect, you won't see the landing lights.

Under the circumstances.. it would have been better to just add the landing light positions and fx entries to the aircraft.cfg so those who don't have the fx file could substitute it for one they do have.

In actual fact.. I think the lights Morpheus added to the model are actually the taxi lights. The landing lights are in the wings but that's neither here nor there.

I could pass you the bmp file for his fx file but.. I think it's from a payware model and that.. sadly.. is a no go. There are ways around it but I think it would be easier if the landing lights were removed from the model and added to the aircraft.cfg.

EDIT: as a follow on to the landing light addition.. the effect (effects.. there are 4 lights added to the model) doesn't light up the ground anyway so don't land at night unless the area is well lit!!

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by wellis View Post
    I am still hangin' with P3Dv3.1 for the moment and experienced the same issues as Falcon409 with the P3D model included in the release. On the other hand, the FSX model is working beautifully in P3Dv3.1 for me, absent of any of the issues described above.
    Yep, I did away with the P3D model. I made a copy of the FSX model and moved it into P3D. What I did notice though is that now all the chrome parts are solid black. Again, this is version 3.2.2.

Okey doh.

With the original lights, they're added and positioned in the aircraft.cfg.. the 'old school' way of doing it. When Morpheus added the landing lights.. he 'attached' them to the actual model.. the mdl file and in doing so, they don't need an entry in the aircraft.cfg. You don't really need to make them part of the model unless they're attached to moving parts (eg.. the rudder or flexing wings) but it's the trendy way to do it these days. He obviously has a Quality Wings model and has used the fx file off one (or has used a file renamed by someone else) which requires a non-standard bmp in order for it to work. He supplied the fx file but not the bmp so when you turn the landing lights on.. unless you have a Quality Wings model that uses this effect, you won't see the landing lights.

Under the circumstances.. it would have been better to just add the landing light positions and fx entries to the aircraft.cfg so those who don't have the fx file could substitute it for one they do have.

In actual fact.. I think the lights Morpheus added to the model are actually the taxi lights. The landing lights are in the wings but that's neither here nor there.

I could pass you the bmp file for his fx file but.. I think it's from a payware model and that.. sadly.. is a no go. There are ways around it but I think it would be easier if the landing lights were removed from the model and added to the aircraft.cfg.

EDIT: as a follow on to the landing light addition.. the effect (effects.. there are 4 lights added to the model) doesn't light up the ground anyway so don't land at night unless the area is well lit!!

ATB
    DaveB
    THANK YOU Dave for this long explanation! Ok: now it's very clear
    - these models are so elegant and beautiful ! I really hope that everything will be fixed ASAP

Yup.. agree. Looking at the original download and noting the work Morpheus did to fix the animations.. it's obvious that the FSX conversion was quick and dirty. Some things still don't work which is a shame. Instrument lighting only seems to work correctly if you go into the 2D panel. If in the VC, you get the dome light and if you don't want that.. the instruments don't illuminate. The black wing LE's is another issue. I've lightened mine but they still don't look right. Still.. I took a look at the Eaglesoft XLS and it's way above my price range so for casual use.. this one will do fine

ATB
    DaveB

Yup.. agree. Looking at the original download and noting the work Morpheus did to fix the animations.. it's obvious that the FSX conversion was quick and dirty. Some things still don't work which is a shame. Instrument lighting only seems to work correctly if you go into the 2D panel. If in the VC, you get the dome light and if you don't want that.. the instruments don't illuminate. The black wing LE's is another issue. I've lightened mine but they still don't look right. Still.. I took a look at the Eaglesoft XLS and it's way above my price range so for casual use.. this one will do fine

ATB
    DaveB

Should anyone wish to add wing LE landing lights, add these lines to your aircraft.cfg [Lights] section:

light.7=5, 0.94, 26.1, -0.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light
    light.8=5, 0.94, -26.1, -0.1, fx_shockwave_landing_light // Shockwave light

If you don't have Shockwave lights.. any standard landing light will add to the illusion
    ATB
    DaveB

Should anyone wish to add wing LE landing lights, add these lines to your aircraft.cfg [Lights] section:

If you don't have Shockwave lights.. any standard landing light will add to the illusion
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thank you Dave ! Only to say : the Sovereign has the NAV2 needle completely unreliable

Just for being a stupid Kraut, this bird is exactly built for me
    Best regards, Manfred.

hahahahahaha

You're certainly NOT a stupid kraut and I'm glad we can all enjoy the model with you
    ATB
    DaveB

ATB
    DaveB

Thank you Dave for these lights. Now for some night flying.

Cheers

Bruce.

Okay, with two different Cessna jet versions on this thread, I am under the impression that these lights are for the 1st Cessna mentioned namely, the Aryus_C56X_FIV_N556CS
    as the light 7 and 8 below are the next light numbers in the light section of the aircraft.cfg file. Just trying to keep up here.

ATB
    DaveB

You're welcome Bruce

As I said above.. they're cosmetic only like the ones Morpheus added. For reasons I can't quite figure yet.. they don't illuminate the ground though they DO light the model up Not so bad if you fly into a well lit airport with good centreline and edge lights
    ATB
    DaveB

Not too shabby Dave, thanks

Yes Butch.. they're for the Aryus_C56X_FIV_N556CS. Morpheus confused me with the shots he posted of the Sovereign too Incidentally, MCX reports a Sovereign texture missing from the XLS! Not sure what it might be though some parts on the engines and reverser buckets look untextured.. that or they're light green on purpose.

ATB
    DaveB

Yes Butch.. they're for the Aryus_C56X_FIV_N556CS. Morpheus confused me with the shots he posted of the Sovereign too Incidentally, MCX reports a Sovereign texture missing from the XLS! Not sure what it might be though some parts on the engines and reverser buckets look untextured.. that or they're light green on purpose.

ATB
    DaveB
    going to be converting the Sovereign from Aryus as well
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Has Morpheus not already don't that one? He's put links in this thread for upgrade files?

ATB
    DaveB

Has Morpheus not already don't that one? He's put links in this thread for upgrade files?

ATB
    DaveB

dont know though its ready for upload which i will be doing soon the windows work too now
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

The Sovereign Download is in this Thread above.

Or here the second time...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...WlCUkVVTEJReDQ

Members who have read this thread: 0