A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A very nice freeware Cessna Citation on Flightsim.com today

Nice lights, I can see over the combing and binned the N plate

Strictly speaking.. G-OROO wears the blue stripe livery (same design but variations of blue) though it'll do for me
    ATB
    DaveB

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sovereign.jpg  

Last edited by morpheusfz; April 25th, 2016 at 13:19.

Nice one mate. Good to see the LE's of the wings and horizontal stabs their correct colour (though I like the anodised look on the original release)

EDIT: Thinking about it.. shouldn't the horizontal stab LE's be black anyway (deice boots)??

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Nice one mate. Good to see the LE's of the wings and horizontal stabs their correct colour (though I like the anodised look on the original release)

EDIT: Thinking about it.. shouldn't the horizontal stab LE's be black anyway (deice boots)??

ATB
    DaveB
    this is a Cessna Sovereign, changed the Model for FSX with MCX. The Textures are the Original.

AH yes.. now I really look at it, I see it's a different model Wonder how many more were confused by your screenies!!
    ATB
    DaveB

Cheers me dears

ATB
    DaveB

Does the first file (link) goes into effects and other link has two file looks like a mdl (model change) and the other goes to texture?

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    First file (link) goes into effects and other link has two file looks like a mdl (model change) and the other goes to texture?

I don't see any red or green wing tip lights just flashing white wing tip lights.

EDIT: I dropped the _DG after each color light and now they are working.
    I suggest that if your red/green wing tip lights are not working then delete the _DG after each color light. I don't have any files fx_navred_DG/fx_navgre_DG.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    Last edited by gray eagle; April 25th, 2016 at 17:37.

Morpheusfz - THANK YOU for a very nice Citation!! I think you did a great job giving us a payware quality jet for free. I appreciate your time.

Don

ps: I am having buggy results with the new plane (Sovereign) Is anyone else? I have aileron down on left side, spoilers up and the tail trim runs away. This happens when the plane loads and the tail runs away with full pitch up trim. DM

Had to make a small edit to get the red/green wing tip lights to work for me as I don't have any lights with the names fx_navred_DG or fx_navgre_DG on my computer

I've changed the navred and navgreen fx, adjusted the positions of the navs, strobes and tail light and added a red beacon to the fin top..

[LIGHTS]
    //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=taxi, 7=recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cockpit
    light.0=3, -0.00, -28.4, -0.0, fx_navred_DG , >>>> Had to drop the _DG here
    light.1=3, -0.00, 28.4, -0.0, fx_navgre_DG , >>>> and here to get the lights to working.
    light.2=3, -25.0, 0.00, 2.80, fx_strobe ,
    light.3=2, -0.00, -28.380158, -0.0, fx_strobeh , //Leftwing strobe
    light.4=2, -0.00, 28.380158, -0.0, fx_strobeh , //Rightwing strobe
    light.5=4, 15.5, 0.0, 3.9 , fx_vclighth,
    light.6=1, -25.50, 0.00, 12.50, fx_shockwave_beaconh ,

It looks a lot less like Piccadilly Square at Christmas and the lights are better placed. Any of the navs on DG's models are excellent (I use them for just about every model that needs it's lights changing) and the Shockwave beacon just happened to be there so I used it. A default will probably be ok.
    ATB
    DaveB

You're openly admitting you don't have any of DG's models Butch??!!

Here are his nav red and nav green.. NAVS

If anyone wants to add their own reg to the fin.. I'll upload blank psd's

EDIT: Here are the L/R fin blanks with a couple of very basic (plain) alpha's.. FinBlanks
    ATB
    DaveB

The buckets are fully deploying with F2 for me Ed.

ATB
    DaveB
    Wasn't holding the F2 key down long enough it seems. . .works fine as you said as long as I hold the key down for at least 4 or 5 secs. I was just hitting and releasing.

Yup, I sure do thank you for the link.

You're openly admitting you don't have any of DG's models Butch??!!

Here are his nav red and nav green.. NAVS

If anyone wants to add their own reg to the fin.. I'll upload blank psd's

EDIT: Here are the L/R fin blanks with a couple of very basic (plain) alpha's.. FinBlanks
    ATB
    DaveB

Is there an mdl update coming for the P3D version or do we just change the name from "fsx to P3D"?

Anyone who has Dave's Rapide or Hunter will have these lights already Butch although there may be variations on his Auster and Mossie. Whichever.. they always have a DG suffix so any or all are fit for purpose So many devs pay scant attention to small details like this and it really gets my back up
    ATB
    DaveB

One other question:
    Who did the conversion for this airplane? The original readme says "BigMike". . .In the Forum it appears that "morpheusfz" is doing all the current mdl/texture/effects changes (are they the same guy?), finally I look in the SOH downloads section and I see an upload of this aircraft by "Cirrus_N210MS" and the description on that upload reads as though he was the one who got permission to do the conversion. lol

Apparently everyone else knows, or doesn't care as long as the airplane works. Also, the longer this goes on, it could become what other conversions have fallen into with pages that go on forever. . .modifications, improvements and updates that become scattered with no single file containing everything that's been done. Just something to keep in mind once everyone is satisfied with the airplane and it can't be tweaked beyond a certain point. . .produce a final package for FSX and P3D with all mods and updates.

Well said Ed, Once all is tweaked and modifications completed a final package upload would certainly be nice.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Observation from P3D_V3.2.2. . .Interior windows are transparent, exterior are solid. This using the current P3D model included with the original download, but with the textures (converted to dds) from the current FSX model that includes all the current mods, etc. This brings me back to. . .is there going to be an mdl update for the P3D version, because apparently P3D_V3.2 doesn't like something about the exterior texture and it's corresponding alpha.

I'm not Big Mike or Cirrus_N210MS. I do only the repair and very little texture modification of Cirrus_N210MS XLS download and have converted the Sovereign from Aryus Works. I only use FSX not P3D, is there a difference in the models?

Quote Originally Posted by morpheusfz View Post
    . . . . .I only use FSX not P3D, is there a difference in the models?
    Apparently there is. Making an assumption here (which is always dangerous), but possibly the P3D version that was included with the download was compiled using the P3D SDK, but not the most current SDK. There must be some difference in coding otherwise both alphas would react the same and they don't.

I forgot on the Sovereign, Waterrudder on Ground make the Crew disapear...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg   3.jpg   4.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0