bglcomp.exe

Thread: bglcomp.exe

bglcomp.exe

Hi guys, I want to start trying to make some changes to a local airport near me. I want to use ADE to do this, but it needs bglcomp.exe to compile. Unfortunately, its been so long since I installed FSX, that I have no idea where my install disks are... is there anywhere to download this or the whole SDK? some place LEGIT and not some risky torrent site?

One other question. Is there some other simple tool to use to place buildings, hangars etc? Im not interested in designing the next JFK. Just tweaking a local military air field that MSFT underloved.

Everything I've read says that the only way to get the main SDK is to purchase the Deluxe Edition. . .however I also found this:
    https://flyawaysimulation.com/downlo...tor-x-sdk-sp2/

That link from falcon409 should give you everything you need regarding the SDK , however if it doesn't, ie if it's not complete, you can also try downloading the P3D V1.4 SDK free from the P3D website. Apparently this is also compatible with FSX Acceleration. The SDK that ships with FSX Steam Edition is missing a lot so many users get the P3D V1.4 SDK to use with FSX:SE.

Cheers,

Yes, the Prepar3D v1.4 sdk includes bglcomp.exe. If you have/find/buy another FSX Deluxe (or Gold), you'll need to install the sdk starting with the original and patching up to SP2 or Acceleration sdk. Definitive guide to this on FSDeveloper. The P3D sdk is a one-shot installation but doesn't support Gmax if that is important.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Yes, the Prepar3D v1.4 sdk includes bglcomp.exe. If you have/find/buy another FSX Deluxe (or Gold), you'll need to install the sdk starting with the original and patching up to SP2 or Acceleration sdk. Definitive guide to this on FSDeveloper. The P3D sdk is a one-shot installation but doesn't support Gmax if that is important.
    Yes this is my problem. I dont have disks for the original deluxe edition. I held onto FS9 for a full two years after FSX came out waiting on it to get debugged by MSFT and you guys... I then went directly to the Gold Edition with acceleration etc in one go. The SDK on that disk set wants the original deluxe SDK installed before allowing any other upgrades to SDK 1a or SDK 2.0. So I guess I will try the P3D version and try there. Otherwise I will need to hunt down the old deluxe edition just do do this nonsense. Im a bit shocked this isnt on a MSFT site somewhere as a download

This info may help if using P3D v1.4 SDK....

https://steamcommunity.com/app/31416...8030684900059/

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    I dont have disks for the original deluxe edition. ... I then went directly to the Gold Edition with acceleration etc in one go.
    I'm a bit confused by what you wrote. Do you have the three DVDs for the Gold package or are those the DVDs that are MIA?

If you have Gold then you have the two DVDs for the Deluxe and a DVD for Acceleration. Then the original SDK is on DVD #1 and the SDK updates on are on Gold DVD.

I just checked the disks that make up the Gold release, as I bought a copy not long after MS discontinued the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshman View Post
    I'm a bit confused by what you wrote. Do you have the three DVDs for the Gold package or are those the DVDs that are MIA?

If you have Gold then you have the two DVDs for the Deluxe and a DVD for Acceleration. Then the original SDK is on DVD #1 and the SDK updates on are on Gold DVD.

I just checked the disks that make up the Gold release, as I bought a copy not long after MS discontinued the franchise.
    Yep on disk 1, there is a sdk.msi, and a folder containing the SP1A.msi. trying to install the sdk.msi gets an objection on my PC that I need to have the 1.0 deluxe edition installed first. Then install the rest. Anyway, I installed the P3D sdk and the bglcomp.exe seems to work. All I want to do is clean up one simple airport.

Hi ejoiner,

I would have to agree with Meshman's observation, that if you do actually have the original FSX discs you should be able to install the SDK from it. I can't imagine why the installer wouldn't work. As hairyspin notes, the only difference between it and the P3D V1.4 version is the ability to use GMAX with it (as far as I know), so I suppose it's no issue if you don't need that. I do find it strange that you're unable to install the SDK from the original discs though. I haven't actually tried since uninstalling FSX Boxed, so can't be sure myself.

Cheers,

Last time I had to reinstall the sdk it wouldn't play ball, but copying the installers to the HD from the Gold cds and running them from there solved that problem.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I installed the sdk for fsx gold yesterday on W7 64bit had a few problems with the xml entries but its working ok now. You will need DVD 1 and run the setup.exe in the sdk folder as administrator you can alter the location, next look on the accel DVD again in the SDK folder SP1a and run the exe again as administrator and finally run the sdk.msi which is in the same folder for the accel sdk this removed my sdk files from C: and put all the folders back into program files 86x so had to change the properties for the folder to full access and so far had no trouble. The last step add

to the dll.xml found in C:\Users\computer name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX using notepad show hidden files needs to be checked. I copied the SDK folders from my DVDs to desktop and saved them for future reference and they install ok from these files. You might need to change the path entries if you managed to stop the acc sdk from moving back to the default location.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screenshot1655.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 1